Monday, April 14, 2014

The LA Files


c o a c h e l l a  2014:
down on the west coast we got a saying...
Weekend One was a dream, when I close my eyes I am once again transported to this desert oasis where all our troubles disappear and music speaks to our souls. Every year is better than the last and each experience is forever imprinted in my mind. This year, I had the privilege of helping out with Bikini Birds popup shop located at the exclusive Vestal Village campgrounds. I was in charge of giving out this year’s most sought after festival accessory the Flash Tattoos (metallic temporary tattoos that feature palm trees, waves, and shell motifs) as we wore fresh flowers in our hair, and sipped on fruity drinks.




Coachella, how is it that in a span of three days over 90,000 people accumulate onto a polo field in the middle of nowhere, camp in the strong desert heat, and leave behind all the struggle and nastiness that plague our everyday lives and replace them with friendship, energy that never quits and constant happiness that fills us all with a interconnected euphoria something society lacks to maintain.



So thank you Coachella, for once again bringing joy into my life, and restoring my faith in humanity. I wish we could live each day like a music festival: happy - the way life should be lived. I can’t wait for next year, but until then I’ll be visiting you in my dreams.

 

A la prochaine Coachella!

bisou bisou, Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment